Baptiste Power Yoga Affiliate
I. WHAT I NEED TO APPLY FOR AFFILIATION
1. What programs do I need to complete before I can submit my application?
You are required to have completed any of the following Baptiste Institute Programs within the past 5 years, with additional qualifying programs to be added in 2019.
- Level One: Journey Into Power
- Level Two: The Sannyasin’s Journey
- Level Three: Beyond Borders
- FIT to Lead
2. Do I need to be certified to apply for Affiliation?
3. What Level of Certification do I need to apply for Affiliation?
You can apply to become an Affiliate with any Level of Certification within the Baptiste Power Yoga Certified Teacher Development Program.
4. What if there are multiple business owners of the studio?
At least one owner must meet the requirements of certification.
5. How long does my studio need to be open before I am eligible to apply for Affiliation?
Your studio does not need to be open for a specific period of time before applying to become an Affiliate.
6. Do I need to have a pre-existing studio to become an Affiliate?
No. See question 7 for what is required to complete the Affiliate application
7. What information will be required to complete my online application to become an Affiliate?
On your application please provide the following:
1. Personal Contact Information
- First and last name
- Home address
- Primary contact number
- Email address
2. Existing Studio Information (if applicable)
- Studio Name
- Studio Location
- Studio Contact Number
- Studio Website URL
- Provide your website URL.
- For URLs that include Baptiste Power Yoga Affiliate name usage options, provide 3 possible selections.
- Are you currently an Affiliate? Y/N
3. Provide your legal business name and entity type. (LLC, DBA, Partnership, Corporation, ETC.)
- Provide your legal business name, or if none use individual name. Please do not use the Baptiste name in your legal business name. We may ask for proof of your business entity type or organization type.
4. Proposed Studio Information
- Proposed Studio Information
- Proposed Studio name
If you’re choosing to use Baptiste Power Yoga name usage in your Affiliate name (not required) please see below for name usage options. If you are choosing to not use Baptiste Power Yoga name usage for your Affiliate skip to question number 4.
- Name usage options exclude the use of your State, province and Country, you can include your City, Town and Neighborhood or a name of your choosing. You can choose to select a name without Baptiste Power Yoga name usage and still become an Affiliate.
- Name usage options include:
- Baptiste Power Yoga ____________
- ___________A Baptiste Power Yoga Community
- ___________A Baptiste Power Yoga Affiliate
- Provide 3 possible options for your studio name.
5. Proof of your Certified Teacher Credentials
- Submit your Level or Tier of Certification credentials
- Upload the certificate with your most recent Level or Tier of Certification
- (Click HERE to request a missing certificate)
6. Proof of insurance if you are located within USA, Canada and UK
- Submit proof of your current Affiliate liability insurance with Baptiste Institute as additionally insured.
- If located in the United States and CanadAffiliates shall obtain and maintain, during the Term, at its own cost and expense, the following insurance policies: (i) Comprehensive General Liability (CGL) of no less than $1,000,000.00 single limit per occurrence/$2,000,000.00 aggregate, and (ii) Professional Liability (PL) of no less than $1,000,000.00; both from a company rated A+ or better by A.M. Best or equivalent, providing protection which is standard or greater in the fitness and health club industry. Affiliate shall include the Baptiste Institute as an additional insured under Affiliate’s comprehensive general liability and professional liability insurance policies. As proof of such insurance, a fully paid certificate of insurance shall be submitted to in your Affiliate application.
- If located in the United Kingdom, Affiliates shall obtain and maintain, during the Term, at its own cost and expense, the following insurance policies: (i) Public Liability in the amount of £10,000,000.00 per occurrence and £10,000,000.00 in the aggregate; (ii) Professional Indemnity in the amount of £1,000,000.00 per occurrence and £1,000,000.00 in the aggregate, all from a company rated A+ or better by A.M. Best or equivalent, providing protection which is standard or greater in the fitness and health club industry. Affiliate shall include the Baptiste Institute as an additional insured under Affiliate’s Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance policies. As proof of such insurance, a fully paid schedule of insurance shall be submitted with your Affiliate application. *N.B. While not required by this agreement, if Affiliate has employees, UK law requires Employers Liability Insurance at a minimum of £5,000,000.00.
7. Continuing Education Goals and Development Plan
- You will be required to fill out the Continuing Education Goals and Development Plan. You’ll specify which Baptiste Institute programs and trainings you will complete over the next 2 years with exact or approximate timelines for each program and the by/when goal for the completion of your plan overall (i.e. You will complete Level Two in 2019, Level Three in 2020 , Art of Assisting 2020, Baptiste Affiliate Global Gathering in 2019/2020, Get Certified for Tier 1 in 2020, Tier 2 in 2021 and Tier 3 in 2022).
8. Letter Of Intent (300-900 words)
- You will be required to write a Letter of Intent that creates a picture of the future of your Affiliate; The letter of intent should speak to your background and what you bring, why being an Affiliate is important to you, what your committed to in sharing the Baptiste Methodology, the practice environment you intend to create, the community you will generate, and what you want to accomplish overall. This letter should be informal and written from the heart. 300-900 words is ideal.
9. My journey with Baptiste Yoga (500-1200 words)
- You will be required to write (in 500-1200 words) “My journey with Baptiste Yoga.” This story/journey of Baptiste Yoga will be shared on your website and will have a required link on the front page of your studio website. The intention of this essay is to touch and inspire the reader with the possibility of transformation. This is not about marketing or selling but rather about testimony and the possibility of transformation that you have received through the practice of Baptiste Power Yoga and Baptiste Yoga methodology. Share what it has made available for you and what’s available for others through the practice.
8. If I complete and application is Affiliation guaranteed?
Your application is subject to approval and not guaranteed.
II. AFFILIATION COSTS
9. What are the rates for annual dues?
$3000 USD paid in full annually, 12 months from the date of initial payment.
10. What are the payment options for my annual dues?
You pay in full upon signing the Baptiste Power Yoga License Agreement and each year thereafter on a 12 month cycle from the date of initial payment.
11. Is there an application fee?
Yes, there is a $250 non-refundable and non-transferable application fee.
III. STUDIO REQUIREMENTS
12. Is there a square footage/mat space requirement for my studio?
There is no square footage/mat space requirement.
13. What percentage of classes need to be Baptiste Power Yoga?
A minimum of 70% of the yoga classes on your schedule need to be Baptiste Power Yoga.
14. Do my teachers need to be certified?
Yes. Teachers leading Baptiste Power Yoga classes will need to be certified in the Baptiste Power Yoga Certified Teacher Development Program with a Level One Certificate or higher.
15. As an Affiliate am I eligible for special offers and incentives?
16. Will I be able to sell Baptiste branded retail?
Yes, you will have the opportunity to sell Baptiste branded retail at your studio when the inventory is available.
17. Will I need to have a Baptiste representative visit my studio to become an Affiliate?
No. There is no formal visit required in the application process for Affiliation.
18. What are the heat requirements?
There are no formal heating requirements, however the practice was designed to be experienced at 90 degrees.
19. As an Affiliate, how am I required to use the Baptiste name in my marketing, public bio and materials?
Our Licensed mark and usage terms, involving and not limited to, the Baptiste Power Yoga name, trademarks, trade names, service marks, characters, and logos are outlined in the Baptiste Power Yoga License Agreement. You will have an opportunity to review this information prior to opening your Affiliate.
20. What is the radius between studios?
There are no formal location limits.
21. How far apart should a studio be from another?
In our experience there is no one right answer or measure for that other than to look for; the untapped populations of people, population density and a thriving economy. We believe everyone can be successful.
22. How far away should I open from another Affiliate?
It is ultimately your choice and looks different from one geographical area to the next (i.e. miles apart in a population dense urban environment versus suburban, rural or island setting.) Bring Baptiste Yoga to those who haven’t had access in contrast to trying to compete with an existing established Affiliate. There is room for everyone to be successful in any community.
23. How do I connect with the global network of Affiliates and leaders?
Once approved you will have access to the private Affiliate forums where you'll be able to interact with the Affiliate community.
24. What is an Approved Baptiste Power Yoga Education Provider?
Approved Baptiste Power Yoga Education Providers are Affiliates or Certified individuals who offer quality training programs for students and/or teachers (within their local studio setting) that are designed to empower and advance the on-going learning and education of Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology. Their programs also fulfill on providing continuing education units/hours (CEUs) for individuals who are wanting to advance themselves through the Baptiste Power Yoga Certified Teacher Development Program and achieve advancement through the upper level Tier accomplishment and development requirements.
Requirements to be an Approved Baptiste Power Yoga Education Provider:
- Affiliates with one or more 1200 Hour Tier 3: Certified Baptiste Yoga Influencer can qualify to offer their approved in-house trainings/workshops to the global Baptiste Power Yoga community as approved elective hours (CEU’s) as part Baptiste Power Yoga Certified Teacher Development Program. Selected programs and leaders require approval from Baptiste Institute.
25. As an Affiliate what is required to be posted on my website?
Once your affiliate application has been approved you will be required to:
Link Your Website
- Link your website with the Baptiste Institute website homepage. You will have the Baptiste Power Yoga Affiliation link/logo clearly visible on the homepage of your website.
- Please do not use the Baptiste name on your site or promotional materials until after your Affiliate application has been approved; Baptiste Power Yoga is a licensed trademark and its use without our permission is not allowed.
Post Your Story
- On the front page of your website share your “My Journey with Baptiste Power Yoga” essay or have a visible tab to a page on your website with your “My Journey with Baptiste Yoga” essay. This story needs to be a minimum of 500 words on how Baptiste Yoga has impacted and contributed to your life.
Highlight Your Accomplishments With Baptiste Power Yoga
- Share a list of your accomplishments with Baptiste Power Yoga
- These accomplishments will be shared and placed anywhere on your website
- List all the following criteria that apply:
- Baptiste programs completed by owner(s) / Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher on staff
- Number of Baptiste Programs Assisted by Owner / Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher on staff.
- Number of Years Owner (or lead teacher) has been teaching Baptiste Power Yoga.
- Owner/s or teacher/s current Certification Credential (Tier 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Years studio has been open for business
- Years that you have been affiliated
- Number of Baptiste Power Yoga Certified Teachers on the schedule
- Approved Baptiste Power Yoga Educator Provider Status
- List which Baptiste Institute programs hosted by this Affiliate annually.
26. Will my website be featured on the Baptiste Institute website?