Certification Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The topics we discuss on this page are shared in the following order:
- Applying for the Certification Development Program
- Maintaining Your Certification
- Yoga Alliance
- Name Useage Policies
- Certification Model Details
- Letters of Achievement
If you are still searching for an answer after reviewing this page, email email@example.com.
Applying for the Certification Development Program
1. What is the Certification model about?
A: The Certification criteria is a future based model that supports Certified Baptiste Power Yoga teachers to be in a process of ongoing training and development by adding objective standards and benchmarks which will increase the quality of how the methodology gets expressed. We are committed to building on the elegant system of the Tiers. We believe the Certified Teacher Development Program is a solid system of training and development which creates a clear distinction of education, hands-on teaching experience and competence.
2. What is the first step to getting on the Certification path?
A: The first step on the path to becoming a Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher is to submit your application for the Certification Development Program following the successful completion of Level One: Journey Into Power Training or Baptiste Teacher Course.
3. How do I fulfill the Eligibility Requirements For Tier 1, 2, 3, 4?
A: Education and Experience. Education is hours accumulated through participation in Core and Elective Baptiste Institute programs hosted at:
- Destination locations
- Affiliate Studios
- Approved courses online at MyBaptistePractice.com> Approved Affiliate Studio trainings or programs (Check with Affiliate for Symbol of Partnership with Baptiste Institute for programs offered that go toward Baptiste Yoga Certification Continuing Education Elective Hours.)
4. How do I distinguish a “Level One Baptiste Power Yoga Instructor Credential” from being “certified”?
A: Holding a Level One Baptiste Power Yoga Instructor Credential makes you part of the Certified Teacher Development Program. You are not referred to or may not refer to yourself as a Certified Teacher. This credential puts you on the path to becoming a certified teacher, and fulfills on the requirements for certification.
5. What does being a Level One Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher allow someone to do?
A: This instructor credential affords you the ability to lead others in the Baptiste Yoga Journey Into Power sequence. However, without Studio Affiliation you cannot use the Baptiste Power Yoga name in your promotions. You can say that you are a Level One Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher but you cannot say that you are a Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher certified, you cannot imply that you’re certified in any way. A instructor credential says that you have attained the foundational development in the Methodology necessary to begin leading others in The Journey Into Power sequence in a way that is informed and responsible. Holding a instructor credential also means you are continuing to learn through hands-on classroom teaching experience and are commitment to ongoing development and goal planning with Baptiste Power Yoga.
6. Which credentials allow me to say “I am certified”?
A: Only those who hold a Tier 1, 2, 3 or 4 certification can say they are “certified.” (Tier 1: Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Leader, Tier 2: Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Educator, Tier 3: Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Influencer, or Tier 4: Certified Baptiste Power Yoga Trainer.)
The use of the words “certified” or “certified teacher” in relation to the instructor credentials is a misinterpretation of the credential and therefore a violation of the Baptiste Power Yoga name usage.
8. Do I need to complete Level One: Journey Into Power and Level Two: The Sannyasin's Journey within a certain time period?
A: Yes, you must complete Level One: Journey Into Power and Level Two: The Sannyasin's Journey within 4 years of each other.
9. Do I need to apply for the Certified Teacher Development Program within a certain time period?
A: Yes, you must apply for the Certified Teacher Development Program within 4 years of completing the last required program for the tier of certification you are applying for.
10: What are the steps in the Certification Development Program Application and Exam Process?
Step 1. Submit initial application form
- Provide proof of completing required programs
- Teaching hours and letter/s of achievement
- Commit to Terms & Conditions of Certification
Step 2. Pay your yearly dues of $200.
*Please allow 7-10 business days to receive the STEP 3 details via email.
Step 3. Complete and pass (80%) the exam specific to your level.
Step 4. Receive your Certificate upon passing the exam.
10. Does the Baptiste Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training: Expand Your Power count towards Baptiste Certification?
A: You will receive a 200hr Baptiste Yoga Teaching Certificate Course: Expand Your Power Teaching Certificate once you have completed this program and it counts towards approved Baptiste Institute elective for continuing education.
11: How long does the application process take from application to having my information live on the certified teacher locator map on BaptisteYoga.com
A: The length of this process varies depending on the amount of time it takes to pass the exam the minimum time from start to finish is 45 Days.
12: What if I don’t pass the exam
A: You have 5 chances to pass the exam, if you do not pass you will be locked out of the system for 30 days at which time you can retake the exam with an additional $50 exam fee.
13. Do you accept courses from other Yoga Schools towards Baptiste Certification?
A: No, we do not accept courses from other Yoga Schools. You must complete all of the required Baptiste Power Yoga approved programs, even if you already have taken another 200 Hour Teacher Training Program.
17. Can I start the application even if I haven’t completed the course requirements?
A: No. All credentials are determined by the programs you complete and all additional requirements. You must complete the all requirements before applying for the Certified Teacher Development Program.
18. Am I required to teach a specific number of hours before I apply?
A: There are no classroom teaching experience hours required for a teacher credential and each tier of certification does require “classroom teaching experience hours”. These hours must be complete prior to filling out the application for that tier.
Maintaining Your Certification
1. What are the requirements to maintain my Baptiste Certification annually?
You are required to attend 50 hours of Baptiste Institute approved programs in person or online every 3 years and pay yearly dues.
2. What programs count towards my continuing education hours?
A: See the additional elective hours in the Certification Development Program.
3. How do my annual dues get collected?
A: Your dues will be charged automatically each year. You should expect an email reminding you that your dues are being automatically collected prior to the collection date. You will also be notified if your credit card is expiring and needs to be updated in the system or if your credit card did not process. If you need to pay your dues or update your credit card information:
4. What do I do if I need to update my credit card information in the system to pay my annual dues?
A: Refer to the question above to update your credit card information online
5. How do I request a receipt for my dues payment?
A: You will automatically receive a receipt via email once your dues have been charged for your records.
6. What if I do not pay my dues?
A: If you do not pay your dues you will no longer be a Certified Teacher and need to update any marketing or web material in accordance with the Name Usage Policy for Non-Certified Teachers immediately.
Click here to see our Name Usage Policies for Non-Certified Teachers.
1. What do I need to apply for my RYT-200 through Yoga Alliance?
A: There are two RYT-200 tracks through Baptiste Institute that are recognized by Yoga Alliance.
TRACK 1: The in-studio track, called 200hr Baptiste Yoga Teaching Certificate Course: Expand Your Power, is being offered through studios and around the world facilitated by trained Certified Baptiste Leaders. Check out the program details for more information specific to each program at baptisteyoga.com.
This track is eligible for RYT-200 status and you are eligible to receive a 200hr Baptiste Yoga Teaching Certificate Course: Expand Your Power certificate and counts as additional elective hours toward your Baptiste Yoga Certification.
Apply via the Yoga Alliance Website here. Note that you must upload your Certificate of Completion to verify your attendance at this program. Once you submit your application through Yoga Alliance, your application will be reviewed within 30 business days.
TRACK 2: Completion of Level One: Journey Into Power & Level Two: The Sannyasin's Journey constitute 200-hours worth of training.
Apply via the Yoga Alliance Website here. Note that you must upload your Letters of Completion for BOTH Level One: Journey Into Power and Level Two: The Sannyasin's Journey in ONE document to verify your attendance at these two programs. Once you submit your application through Yoga Alliance, your application will be reviewed within 30 business days.
*You do not need to be a Certified Baptiste Teacher to apply for your RYT-200. You do need to have completed Level One: Journey Into Power and Level Two: The Sannyasin's Journey.
2. What do I need to apply for my RYT-500 through Yoga Alliance?
A: Apply via the Yoga Alliance Website here. Note that you must upload your Tier 2 certificate from the Baptiste Institute to verify that you’ve satisfied the requirements. Once you submit your application through Yoga Alliance, your application will be reviewed within 30 business days.
You must be a Tier 2 Certified Baptiste Teacher to apply for your RYT-500.
NOTE: When applying, please search for the 300-hour program to locate the correct application through Baptiste Institute on the Yoga Alliance website.
3. Is the Baptiste Institute's Kids Teacher Training recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS)?
A: Yes! If you would like to apply to become an RCYT (Registered Children's Yoga Teacher), you must complete the 95 hour training program and teach yoga to kids for a minimum of 30-hours. To apply through Yoga Alliance, search for our program under the Baptiste Institute's school.
You must submit your certificate of completion from the Baptiste Institute and a letter of proof of teaching kids for a minimum of 30-hours from your supervisor. Please upload BOTH of these items into ONE document into the Yoga Alliance application when you apply for this designation.
4. Can I use my Certified Teacher Development Program certificates to register with Yoga Alliance?
A: Yes. The Baptiste Institute is a Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance. For their requirements and details on how to register please visit their website.
5. How do I Track my CEUs with Baptiste Yoga on the YA website?
A: Baptiste Yoga hours do count as CEUs as we are a Qualified CEU Provider! Please follow these steps to enter your hours:
- In your Teacher Dashboard click “Add Hours” under Training Hours.
- Add your training hours: Click OPTION 2 - We are not a YACEP
- Choose if you are entering contact or non contact hours
- Enter Baron Baptiste as the teacher name (He is approved)
- Enter the date, location and any other information about the training.
Name Usage Policies
1. I am not a Certified Baptiste Teacher. How can I use the Baptiste name in my marketing and public bio and materials?
A: Click here to see our Name Usage Policies for Non-Certified Teachers. You may use this language if you have completed Level One, Level Two and/or Level Three or hold a certificate from Certification Development Program
2. I hold a teacher credential, How can I use the Baptiste name in my marketing and public bio and materials?
A: Click here to see our Name Usage Policies for Non-Certified Teachers. You may use this language if you have completed Level One, Level Two and/or Level Three or hold a Level One Baptiste Power Yoga Teacher Credential.
3. I am a Certified Baptiste Teacher. How can I use the Baptiste name in my marketing and public bio and materials?
A: Click here to see our Name Usage Policies for Certified Teachers.
Letters Of Achievement
1. I lost my Letter of Achievement or Certificate for one or more of the programs I attended. What do I do?
A: Click here to fill out this simple form to request a letter of completion for any program you need. We will send you a replacement via email within 45 days of receiving your application. There is a $20 processing fee.
Haven't found your answer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.