This Sequence has an emphasis on twisting postures. Active twisting postures strengthen and they rinse out and release old energy and tension. They leave the practitioner with new openness, strength and aliveness.
The poses of the vitality sequence
- Crescent Lunge
- Revolving Crescent Lunge
- Warrior Two
- Extended Side Angle
- Vinyasa into other side
- Thunderbolt Prayer Twist
- Fingers to Toes Forward Fold
Timing of the vitality sequence
- Approximately 5 minutes of a 60 minute class
- Approximately 8 minutes of a 75 minute class
- Approximately 10 minutes of a 90 minute class
Demos included in this video
22:06 Crescent Lunge, Legs
26:03 Crescent Lunge, Pelvis
31:20 Crescent Lunge, Shoulders
- This work can be completed with a partner or alone, in front of a mirror. If in front of the mirror, teach to your body. Record yourself leading each of the demos included within this video. Listen back to the recording and be the student of your teaching. Listen for how your words land for you as the participant. Take 2 – 3 minutes for each exercise.
- Once you have completed the exercise, including listening back to the recording, give yourself feedback: were your instructions clear and effective?
- Repeat #1. Incorporate the feedback you gave yourself in questions #2 and #3.