(Read Time: 2 Minutes)
Meditation is quickly becoming one of the most popular methods of self-care and wellness in the modern world.
It’s a practice that’s been around for thousands of years, so why is it becoming so popular now?
People who practice meditation know intuitively that it makes them feel better. Recently, science has been catching up with what enthusiasts have always known:
Meditation is good for your health!
There are many benefits to meditation that can improve your health, both mentally and physically.
Here are just a few of the ways that meditation improves your health and wellbeing:
1. Reduced Stress: Stress is one of the most common causes of illness, both mental and physical. Meditation has been proven to reduce stress, by calming the mind and body.
It also helps to reduce levels of cortisol, a hormone released during times of stress that can cause physical symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, and digestive issues.
2. Improved Sleep: Proper sleep is essential for good health, yet many of us struggle to get enough. Studies show that meditation helps to relax the mind and body, allowing us to fall asleep more easily.
Related: The Power of Meditation Part One: Meditation Addresses the Source of the Problem
Related: The Power of Meditation Part Two: Intimate Connection
It can also improve the quality of our sleep, allowing us to wake up feeling more refreshed.
3. Boosted Immunity: Meditation has been proven to boost the immune system, making us less prone to illnesses and infections.
It does this by increasing the activity of white blood cells, which help to fight off bacteria and viruses.
4. Increased Mental Clarity: Meditation helps to improve focus and concentration, allowing us to think more clearly and make better decisions.
It also helps to reduce negative emotions such as anxiety and depression, which can have a detrimental effect on our mental health.
5. Improved Emotional Regulation: Meditation helps regulate your emotions, allowing you to better manage your reactions to stressful situations. It can also help you become more self-aware, so that you can identify your triggers and find healthier ways to deal with them.
These are just a few of the ways that meditation can improve your health, which is why doctors have started prescribing meditation to their patients who are dealing with anxiety, stress-related illnesses, and even ADHD…
Studies have shown that in many cases, meditating on a regular basis is more effective at controlling these issues than medication!
Want to add regular meditation to your weekly routine?
Practicing meditation is one of the 3 Essential Practices & Techniques of Baptiste Yoga.
If you’d like some free meditation practice, you can sign up for the Personal Revolution Challenge!
Each day for 12 days, I’ll send you an email with a new Meditation, Asana, and Inquiry practice.
This challenge will not only help you get into the habit of daily meditation practice, it will also inspire you to live from your source of strength and discover the mindset, practices, and ways of being that will help you live with confidence, strength, and purpose.